Design, Manufacture and Build
August 16th, 2016
For more information visit our Building Merchants Facebook Page
August 12th, 2016
Successful day yesterday at our Apprenticeship Open Day!
Applicants were given an insight into working at BHC Ltd and then shown round our manufacturing facilities and site.
August 11th, 2016
August 8th, 2016
August 5th, 2016
Follow us on LinkedIn for project updates and job opportunities!
August 4th, 2016
August 4th, 2016
“The objective of BHC Ltd is to be recognised by the industry that we serve as a premier supplier offering a Total Solution to supply a quality product in a cost effective and timely manner, whilst ensuring the Health and Safety of everyone associated with our works at all times”
July 11th, 2016
A few weeks ago Dave from VG Consulting visited our site to do a case study on our wind turbine. If you are interested you can read his article here…
July 11th, 2016
BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Construction Programmer/Planner to centralise all of the companies project & labour plans.
Duties of the Programmer include:
- Develop Construction/Tender programs
- Conduct site visits and look through the works and drawings when required.
- Review contractor schedules and schedule risk analysis
- Produce progress/program reports in conjunction with Project & Construction Managers
- Produce weekly look-ahead programs and manage critical paths.
Requirements of the role:
- Operational experience together with previous significant experience of planning within the construction and steel industry.
- Master programming – design, procurement, pre-commencement, construction, commissioning Production of design schedules
- Knowledge of project planning processes and the project life-cycle.
- Knowledge of the procurement processes necessary for designing and building commercial projects.
Good IT skills with all Microsoft packages including Microsoft Projects or similar version and the ability to pick up new software quickly.
Job Location – Carnwath South Lanarkshire (Site Visits as required).
To apply please email your CV to Kimberley Carson at email@example.com
July 8th, 2016
We currently have 10 Biomass Units installed at our site in Carnwath to heat our offices, workshop and paint facility using locally sourced timber and woodchips. This provides us with sustainable, low carbon fuel for heat production. Our first 12 month generated 4.6 million KW of heat that would have been otherwise generated using fossil fuels such as Gas and Oil.
Our low grade timber woodchips are supplied by Callendar Estates in Falkirk and are managed in accordance with a Long Term Forest Plan. This plan is approved by the Scottish Forestry Commission and the Forest Stewardship Council.
In October 2015 we installed and commissioned our 500KW wind turbine. This has produced 947,000 KWH, or an average of 118,375 KWH per month, which means we are already 90% self-sufficient on electric; close to achieving our goal of 100%!