Design, Manufacture and Build
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Structural Steel Loading Operative
BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland. We currently have a vacancy for a Structural Steel Loading Operative.
- To review load sheets for structural steel loads, ensuring that each load is set out in a stable manner, working to BHC Loading procedures.
- To operate overhead cranes for the positioning of materials whilst building the load.
- To ensure that all materials are secured as per BHC Ltd loading procedures prior to the lifting of loads on to trailers for transportation.
- To ensure safe loading methods are adhered to with consideration given to the unloading of materials on site.
- To ensure that the loading operative does not compromise the product quality.
- To adhere to work schedules for priority loadings as issued by the loading Manager / Supervisor.
- To maintain an acceptable standard of cleanliness / housekeeping within the loading bay at all times.
- To communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with all colleagues and Sub Transport Contractors.
Knowledge and Experience
- A working experience with structural steel is required for this role.
- Experience in the use of Overhead Cranes / Telehandlers would be advantageous.
- The job required an individual who can work as part of a team or on their own, meeting targets and deadlines as set by the loading management team.
This is a key role to the business, and required an individual who will be courteous towards all Management, Colleagues, Clients and has the ability to comply with Health and Safety Regulations.
Job Location: Carnwath, South Lanarkshire
Applications to be sent via e-mail to below:
Kimberley Thorburn – firstname.lastname@example.org
This entry was posted on Monday, March 20th, 2017 at 10:57 am and is filed under Job Opportunities. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.