Design, Manufacture and Build
Archive for July, 2016|
Monday, July 11th, 2016
A few weeks ago Dave from VG Consulting visited our site to do a case study on our wind turbine. If you are interested you can read his article here…
Monday, July 11th, 2016
BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Construction Programmer/Planner to centralise all of the companies project & labour plans.
Duties of the Programmer include:
- Develop Construction/Tender programs
- Conduct site visits and look through the works and drawings when required.
- Review contractor schedules and schedule risk analysis
- Produce progress/program reports in conjunction with Project & Construction Managers
- Produce weekly look-ahead programs and manage critical paths.
Requirements of the role:
- Operational experience together with previous significant experience of planning within the construction and steel industry.
- Master programming – design, procurement, pre-commencement, construction, commissioning Production of design schedules
- Knowledge of project planning processes and the project life-cycle.
- Knowledge of the procurement processes necessary for designing and building commercial projects.
Good IT skills with all Microsoft packages including Microsoft Projects or similar version and the ability to pick up new software quickly.
Job Location – Carnwath South Lanarkshire (Site Visits as required).
To apply please email your CV to Kimberley Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, July 8th, 2016
We currently have 10 Biomass Units installed at our site in Carnwath to heat our offices, workshop and paint facility using locally sourced timber and woodchips. This provides us with sustainable, low carbon fuel for heat production. Our first 12 month generated 4.6 million KW of heat that would have been otherwise generated using fossil fuels such as Gas and Oil.
Our low grade timber woodchips are supplied by Callendar Estates in Falkirk and are managed in accordance with a Long Term Forest Plan. This plan is approved by the Scottish Forestry Commission and the Forest Stewardship Council.
In October 2015 we installed and commissioned our 500KW wind turbine. This has produced 947,000 KWH, or an average of 118,375 KWH per month, which means we are already 90% self-sufficient on electric; close to achieving our goal of 100%!
Thursday, July 7th, 2016
BHC Ltd developed our patented Quicksafe Lifting Bracket in the conjunction with our site teams in order to find a faster/safer way of lifting steelwork:
- Increased efficiency on site: Quicksafe Lifting Bracket has increased daily lifting targets by 10%.
- Reduced handling damage as the need for chains and straps have been eliminated.
- Maximisation of loads.
- Reduction in the number of loads taken to site, subsequently reducing the carbon footprint in relation to transportation.
- Reduction of potential falls of material from height.
- The major benefit is that the BHC Quicksafe Lifting Bracket has resulted in a safer system for lifting at our site in Carnwath and on sites throughout the UK.
We received a Sustainability (Silver Standard) Certification from the British Constructional Steelwork Association!
Wednesday, July 6th, 2016
Friday, July 1st, 2016
We have an exciting Foreman/Supervisor opportunity at our production facility in Carnwath. This position requires an individual with organisational skills, self-motivation and must be a good team player. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Organising the workload for our CNC equipment.
- Organising the stock for each machine’s production run.
- Ensuring production lines are efficiently supplied with all required processed parts.
- Maintaining standard manufactured part stock levels.
- Monitoring tool performance and planned maintenance.
- Monitoring machine/operator efficiencies and costs.
- Ensuring all maintenance programmes are reviewed and up-to-date.
- Identify training needs and arrange training for CNC Personnel.
- Ensuring all Safe Systems of work are adhered to.