Design, Manufacture and Build
Archive for June, 2016|
Thursday, June 30th, 2016
Whether you are an trade expert or new to the industry; if you’re interested in steel construction the BCSA’s free encyclopedia for UK steel construction information has everything you need to know…
Monday, June 27th, 2016
NewSteelConstruction featured us in one of their articles.
“Working on behalf of McLaren Construction, BHC has completed the steel frame at 11-12 Hanover Square (London), a project that will provide 4,500m² of office accommodation and 1,400m² of retail space.”
Thursday, June 23rd, 2016
BHC are an established contractor who have various divisions within their Company Group. Our long established Main Contract works division successfully uses the varied in-house resources of the group to offer clients a single point of contact for their project requirements wither it be traditional contracting, design and build or full turn key developments.
Due to continuous expansion we are seeking an Estimator with a Civils/Building background to join our Main Contract estimating team.
Your Key Activities will include but not limited to: -
- Responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for Civil/Building projects
- Examine incoming tenders and review contract potential
- Measuring & ‘Quantity Take-Off’ from drawings
- Producing Bills Of Quantities
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries
- Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme
- Cost planning
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication.
- Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
- Collect and distribute of feedback.
- Investigate cost effective and/or alternative solutions.
- Input data entry onto estimating software.
- Comply with BHC Ltd procedures.
- Maintain awareness of latest techniques.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
- HNC or degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering. Not critical for experienced estimator
- Site experience is advantageous.
- Experienced in various methods of measurement relevant to Civils/Building works.
- Proven estimating experience with large Civils or Main Contract Companies.
- Some variety in types of work priced
- A team player who is a confident communicator with all members of staff.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis.
- Microsoft office proficient.
- Estimating software experience preferably Causeway.
Job Location – Carnwath with some site visits.
To apply please send your CV to Kimberley Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, June 23rd, 2016
BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland. Due to continuous expansion we are seeking Trainee Estimators. An element of training will be required using software and systems. Estimators form an integral part of the commercial team and their role is often wide and varied as each project often holds a different challenge.
The final role key aspects / tasks will include:-
- Review drawings, specifications and determine any unusual requirements that may apply to the project or sub contract items that may form part of the required scope.
- Co-ordination of various sub-contract packages if applicable
- Discussions with client pre-tender period where required.
- Prepare a schedule of quantities or “take off” for the steelwork, allocating material and labour costs specific to a particular project.
- The ability to interpret the information received and communicate with the client or colleagues is paramount.
- On contract award relay relevant information such as contract information including specifications, cost build-ups, programme, potential risks and contractual issues to our internal team responsible for constructing the project.
- Individuals are required to be self-motivated, determined and have strong mathematical capabilities.
- Good communication skills.
Good IT skills with all Microsoft packages and able to pick up new software quickly.
Job Location – Carnwath
To apply please send your CV to Kimberley Carson - email@example.com
Friday, June 17th, 2016
We currently have a number of positions for Steel erectors / Cladders within the company.
Operatives are required to work to our high standards and have experience in the following disciplines:
Working will be UK wide.
CSCS Cards required
Excellent career progression available within the company.
Applications send via e-mail to Roger Morrow (Construction Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, June 17th, 2016
BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland. BHC also undertake Main Contract, Industrial and Agricultural Projects for which several Groundwork / Civils squads are carried. Due to continuous expansion we are seeking enthusiastic individuals looking for an opportunity to work on Civil / Groundworks projects within our company. CPCS and CSCS Cards are preferred but not essential.
We have vacancies for operatives with the below skills:
Other skills required:
Job Location – Carnwath / Various Locations throughout the UK.
Applicants should send a CV to Craig Moffat : email@example.com